HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Gone Rogue Discord

Share | 

Moving your DayZ to a different drive (SSD)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jim
Admin

PostSubject: Moving your DayZ to a different drive (SSD)   Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:27 pm

Taken from reddit.

If you have a SSD and wanted to use it for steam games, but didn't want to move your entire steam directory for space concerns, I'll explain how to selectively move games to your SSD (in Windows).

In 'Steam' -> 'Settings' -> 'Downloads' click 'Steam Library Folders'. Click 'Add Library Folder'. Select or create an empty folder on your SSD. Move the DayZ folder to the new steam directory on your SSD. Also move the appmanifest_221100 file (each installed game has one of these) from the old SteamApps folder to the new one.

This should be a substantial improvement in the standalone, although I hope future optimizations will make it less essential.

EDIT: I played for a bit, but did not notice a huge difference. I was however running from a hybrid drive previously and may not see much difference. For those of you with an SSD and you do not have DayZ on it, it is worth a shot (should take less than 6GB)
Back to top Go down
http://www.keenantech.com
DontTreadOnMe ~ Karl

PostSubject: Re: Moving your DayZ to a different drive (SSD)   Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:42 pm

Looking at getting a SSD drive but dont feel like reloading Windows atm. Would it beneficial to get one and just move DAYZ and a few other programs I use frequently to it without having my OS on it?

Looking at the Samsung 840 EVO series http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E3W1ALE/

Also just ordered a EVGA GTX780 - be here tomorrow.

• Base Clock: 980 MHz
  • Boost Clock: 1033 MHz
  • Memory Clock: 6008 MHz Effective
  • CUDA Cores: 2304
  • 3072MB GDDR5 384bit Memory
Back to top Go down

Moving your DayZ to a different drive (SSD)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1